Rez's stuff

This is the place to introduce yourself, what you like to shoot, what you own, etc... New users can post here without moderation.
Rez

Rez's stuff

Post by Rez »

Hey all,

so far I have fun with a: Glock 17 Gen5, Sig Sauer P320 XCarry, Makarov (Baikal), CZ Scorpion Evo 3 and a Sig 550 (Sturmgewehr 90).
I shoot the 550 at sgz.ch with mediocre results in a desperate attempt for integration in Switzerland and for the rest I usually go to tsbirmensdorf.ch - but looking forward to try out SSG that everyone is talking about :)
Mic

Re: Rez's stuff

Post by Mic »

Would love to try the Makarov once!

I'm assuming it's chambered in some wonderfully Russian caliber like 9x18? I'm after a Russian gun (AK based), but will probably end up with a Romanian or Bulgarian build as the Soviet ones seem to be full-auto, and a pain to use in CH.
.22lr: Marlin Golden 39a, Walther PPQ
9mm: Beretta 92 M9A3, CZ 75b
.45: SW PC 1911, SW Governor
5.56: Beretta ARX, Bushmaster AR15
.308: SDM M25
12GA: Benelli M2 SP
Rez

Post by Rez »

It's the MP-71 model, so unfortunately not chambered in 9x18, but in .380 ACP, I think they do it for the export models.

Re AK: do you look specifically for an original soviet one? If not, what do you think about modern rifles from Izmash (basically the native AK factory) that are based on AK? Something like http://www.gunshopschweiz.ch/Manufactur ... rerId=1445
Mic

Post by Mic »

Rez wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:28 am It's the MP-71 model, so unfortunately not chambered in 9x18, but in .380 ACP, I think they do it for the export models.

Re AK: do you look specifically for an original soviet one? If not, what do you think about modern rifles from Izmash (basically the native AK factory) that are based on AK? Something like http://www.gunshopschweiz.ch/Manufactur ... rerId=1445
I did look at Izmash AKs on the recommendation of a Russian colleague... but they are all plastic/polymer... I really want the classic wooden grip... Sadly SDM is pumping out millions of these (on my last trip to Africa I noticed that most soldiers were sporting Chinese AKs)... so my compromise is an ex-Soviet block country like Bulgaria
Pete

Post by Pete »

Mic wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:19 pm
Rez wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:28 am It's the MP-71 model, so unfortunately not chambered in 9x18, but in .380 ACP, I think they do it for the export models.

I did look at Izmash AKs on the recommendation of a Russian colleague... but they are all plastic/polymer... I really want the classic wooden grip... Sadly SDM is pumping out millions of these (on my last trip to Africa I noticed that most soldiers were sporting Chinese AKs)... so my compromise is an ex-Soviet block country like Bulgaria
What about a vz58 - usually milled, wood/resin furniture? cz importers are likely to have them too.
Mic

Post by Mic »

Pete wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:53 am
Mic wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:19 pm

What about a vz58 - usually milled, wood/resin furniture? cz importers are likely to have them too.
They fit the bill, bar one challenge... most are full auto :( In CH, a full auto, converted to semi, is a no-go... (with exception for Swiss army rifles).

I would love a full auto AK, but the need to report every time you go to the range takes the fun out of it...