Selgis outdoor range

Organizing an event? Planning to go shooting? Looking for a spotter? Post all that here.
Pete

Selgis outdoor range

Post by Pete »

Hi Guys,

Selgis came back to me and say that we could shoot there as non-members as long as they provide a range master. That would cost 60chf on top of their per-person charge:

-100 m system with electronic hit display on the ring disc and the images of chamois, deer, boar and fox 1.10 / min.
-50 m Running boar with electronic hit display 1.30 / min.
-Hare (lead shot) tipping phase 35 m 3-part 1.00 / min.
-Shot shot washer, running washers 35/50 m 1.70 / min.
- Handgun barrel target 10/15/20/25 and 30 m 1.20 / min.

So as an example if 3 of us went, shot handguns for an hour and split the range officer costs, it would cost 92chf for range only... Pricey, but about the only shooting option I can find right now.

Obviously the more of us, the cheaper and the more fun! :D

They don't shoot on Sundays, but does anyone feel like going on a Saturday? What dates could people do?
Mic

Re: Selgis outdoor range

Post by Mic »

Just to confirm my understanding - is that 1.1chf per minute, per person?

So around 60 chuffs an hour, which is roughly what SSG charges for a solo lane... + the range master fees, which would be split...

I would be game. May even be able to convince a friend that isn't on here (yet :p) to join...

I'm a bit desperate to do something, so would be game to do something even this Saturday... assuming I can stand up by then (injured my ankle, have an MRI today to tell me what's up)

EDIT: Is this the range? https://www.selgis.ch/

EDIT2: 100chf/year membership to Selgis grants you 25% discount... so you would need to sped 400chf or so to make that back, or 6 hours on the 100m range... if we go more often, I may consider paying the 100 bucks...
.22lr: Marlin Golden 39a, Walther PPQ
9mm: Beretta 92 M9A3, CZ 75b
.45: SW PC 1911, SW Governor
5.56: Beretta ARX, Bushmaster AR15
.308: SDM M25
12GA: Benelli M2 SP
Pete

Post by Pete »

Saturday morning could be possible if the range can accommodate us - I need to do domestic stuff in the afternoon, so if we can meet early enough it might be doable?

Should we wait for the outcome of your MRI?

- yes, that is the correct website. They took 2 days to respond to an email, so once we know for sure if we can meet, I'll try phoning them.
Mic

Post by Mic »

Pete wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:49 am Saturday morning could be possible if the range can accommodate us - I need to do domestic stuff in the afternoon, so if we can meet early enough it might be doable?

Should we wait for the outcome of your MRI?

- yes, that is the correct website. They took 2 days to respond to an email, so once we know for sure if we can meet, I'll try phoning them.
I should know the results tomorrow morning... that said, I still think I can find a way to hobble down there and shoot... worst case, it'll be all prone shooting for me (hoping that they have a prone pad!). I think Alex may possibly also be "in"...

So I would say - go for it... If they can cater for us this weekend, I would be up for it.... if we can then find more people, and thus reduce the cost of the chaperone, all the better!
Pete

Post by Pete »

I'll see if they can take 3 of us on Saturday morning then.

If we can only shoot at one distance due to the marshalling requirement is it OK if I say 10-30m handgun?

If rifle is possible, I can bring a shooting mat since I'd be driving.

What's the earliest you can be there vs what's the latest you're prepared to be there?
Mic

Post by Mic »

Pete wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:17 pm I'll see if they can take 3 of us on Saturday morning then.

If we can only shoot at one distance due to the marshalling requirement is it OK if I say 10-30m handgun?

If rifle is possible, I can bring a shooting mat since I'd be driving.

What's the earliest you can be there vs what's the latest you're prepared to be there?
Personally, I would prefer 100m rifles - purely because I haven't found a suitable range for 100m... but I can be flexible... If you need to borrow a rile, you're more than welcome to use one of mine (I'm driving too, no way in hell I'm carrying 30+kg of steel and lead on a duff foot!)

Alex - are you coming? Who else is coming? What would your preference be?

Earliest - I wake up at 5am, takes me 30 min or so to get there + ideally a shower, so 6.30 or so would be my earliest... latest I'm prepared to be there is dusk, not a huge fan of night shooting...

Do you know how many lanes there are? I.e. if there is only 1 lane, and 2 people, is that then 1.10 chf/min for the lane, or 2.20chf/min for the lane?
Bluesky

Post by Bluesky »

Hi guys!
I'd also be in, and would also opt for the 100m range (simply because shooting 5 - 20m is so easy, but going beyond that gets trickier and trickier).

Also found out Selgis isn't too far away from my home (roughly 40min drive), so that's nice. Though for me, earliest is something like 07:30 - not the greatest morning person :geek:
Pete

Post by Pete »

OK - I've sent an email to ask if they can host 4 of us on Saturday to shoot at 100m (Mic - I'll have to take you up on your offer to borrow a rifle).

I also just tried phoning but they're not answering at present. I'll try to make time to phone again later this afternoon, butI've got a full diary through to 1730 today.
Mic

Post by Mic »

Pete wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:08 pm OK - I've sent an email to ask if they can host 4 of us on Saturday to shoot at 100m (Mic - I'll have to take you up on your offer to borrow a rifle).

I also just tried phoning but they're not answering at present. I'll try to make time to phone again later this afternoon, butI've got a full diary through to 1730 today.
Cool! I'll bring the lot :)
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sorry guys - not good news - they can't provide a range-master this Saturday....

Next week is Easter, but how about if I try to arrange for the 10th of April?

They do want to know everyone's full names (and my address) , and specifically what firearms we want to use so they can put together the correct range for us.

So if you don't want to paste your full names here, can you ping them to me as a DM on Whatsapp, along with the firearm and caliber you would want to shoot on the 10th?

What I might try and arrange is an hour of rifles at 100m, then coffee break, then an hour of pistols at 25m - can you let me know if you'd like to do only rifles or pistols also?

Once I get the info rounded up, I'll ask one of my German-speaking staff to phone them and make the booking.

EDIT: - If you can - let me know if the following two Saturdays are possible for you just in case the 10th is also problematic.